Getting your work published is an important step in any conservator’s career. Learn from our panel of experts how to get your ideas, research or project into print.
A recording of this event remains available to our members on the IIC Community site.
“Writing for Publication”
Date: 26th November 2019
Time: 2.00 pm GMT
Duration: 1½ hours
This webinar brought together several conservation professionals who have a wide range of experience as writers and editors, each of whom gave a short talk offering insights, followed by questions and queries from our audience.
As with previous and planned IIC Professional Seminars, it was a chance to join a forum where conservation professionals can hear contributions from other conservators who have been down this path. Whether you have a fully thought-out journal proposal, or want to sharpen up your writing skills in a variety of other forums, the discussions had, and questiuons raised in this seminar will help you to make a plan and choose your next steps.
Our five experienced speakers were:
- Joyce Townsend - IIC Director of Publications
- Sharra Grow - Editor of IIC’s e-magazine News in Conservation
- Chandra Reedy - Editor-in-Chief of IIC’s journal Studies in Conservation
- Austin Nevin - Head of the Technical Committee for proposals to the 2020 IIC Congress
- George Cooper – Journals editor at Routledge Taylor & Francis
- Chaired by Kate Smith - Communications professional
Resources from IIC
- Studies in Conservation is the leading per-reviewed conservation research and practice journal.
- News in Conservation is IIC’s very popular e-magazine, published six times each year.
We will be promoting new seminars and webinars through our new IIC Community.