Learn, discuss, network - a digital community for conservation
IIC has launched a community platform for members to hold conversations and share ideas across the world. It offers members access to our new Special Interest Communities, plus articles, events and the opportunity to network with fellow members located in over 70 countries.
The site is at https://iiconservation-community.org/
IIC Members: you should have received an email from us with details of how to access the platform. If you are still unsure how to access the platform, please contact the IIC office: email@example.com and we will help you get set up.
Not a member? Join here to get access to this new resource as part of your membership package. We have also developed a set of Community Guidelines to support online participation, which can be viewed alongside our Privacy and Code of Conduct policy statemement online.
What will I find on the community platform?
- An area for our Special Interest Commmunities, initially covering topics including Authenticity & Ethics , Conservation Data, Leadership and Sustainability. Find out more here.
- Includes a dedicated online space for Students and Emerging Professionals, with access to Virtual Study groups, Early Career Zoom talks (including topics from PhDs and studying internationally) as well as the Student and Emerging Conservator Conference series.
- A Reading Room, including in depth articles from News in Conservation - offering a chance to discuss highlights of each issue with colleagues. This is also a place where you can contribute your own longer pieces to NiC- and perhaps hone your writing skills and get feedback ahead of making journal contributions.
- A Resources and Events section - where you can access IIC's Professional Development Webinar Series on-demand alongside highlights about events (whether live, streamed or both), toolkits and online learning materials shared and enjoyed by a significant audience of your fellow professionals.
- Follow members and specific conversations. If you are interested in a specific topic, or the specialism of a fellow member, click 'follow' to keep track of the parts of the conversation specific to your work.
We hope this online platform for our community will be useful to our whole membership, bringing together senior members with those just starting out. For those of you who value the networking opportunities of live Congresses, conferences and events, but can't always make it because our geographical reach is so large, we hope our new community will allow you all to stay more closely in touch.