IIC Needs-Based and Learning-Focused Bursary
Students, Early Career and Individual Members
To apply for an IIC Bursary, submit your CV and a brief description of your need, including any financial hardship (maximum 250 words), and how you plan to spend the funds in 2023 (max. 250 words). Up to £250 is available as a grant in this round. Please also supply your membership status with IIC, funds will be administered to IIC members only. Funding awards cannot be made to any individual, entity or organisation located in either a UN or UK economically sanctioned country.
What can be covered by the bursary
Specifically, funds can support scholarship including co-funding research fellowships, placements or internships hosted with universities, museums, libraries, archives, galleries and learning institutions; digital access costs (such as data costs, purchase of headsets); professional development and skill building (such as direct costs for training courses and attendance to conferences and seminars); research and publication-related costs such as photography and reproduction fees. Those eligible to apply include:
- Members who have experienced displacement, furlough, redundancies or layoffs, decreased working hours or teaching time, or lost institutional support
- Members who have not received Opportunties Funding within the last three years
- Those who have increased financial burdens due to telecommuting and remote instruction, including unforeseen (and otherwise unfunded) technology costs
- Independent freelance conservators whose projects have been recently curtailed or cancelled
- Students pursuing master’s or doctoral research or early career scholars (within 5 years of receiving their graduate degree) who have experienced loss or reduction of research support, including internships, as well as external and internal grants.
IIC Seed Funding Grants
Fellows and Institutions
Please submit a brief description of the project you are seeking seed funding for (maximum 500 words) and how you plan to spend the funds in 2023 (max. 250 words). We also require a signed letter of support from one senior professional conservator or a head of department (or equivalent) who should be named, with their affiliations and full contact details.
Up to £750 is available. Applications should be submitted by the stated deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please also supply your membership status with IIC, funds will be administered to IIC members only.