Call for Papers
Venue: Museum of London
The ICON Textile Group invites submissions for our annual Spring Forum.
ICON welcomes interdisciplinary papers or posters of a theoretical or practical nature, either on the specific theme of 'textiles and nature', or on a general theme of new developments in the interpretation, care and conservation of textiles.
Potential topics for papers could include:
* conservation and mounting of items made from materials found in nature (both animal and plant-based)
* the development of new materials of natural origin
* designs and techniques inspired by nature
* new insights into the degradation of natural fibres
* the care and conservation of textiles and dress featuring natural history specimens and or taxidermy
* sustainability and the environmental impact of textiles and conservation
The rest of the day will be made available for presentations on any current or recent area of textile conservation practice or research.
Postprints will be produced for this conference.
Presentations should last 20 minutes (c.1500 - 2000 words). Individuals should submit an abstract of no more than 200 words, with a title, author biography, and contact details.
To submit a proposal, or to discuss an idea for a paper or poster, email Alison Lister firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1st December 2017.