Workshop: Framing techniques and microclimate enclosures for Panel Paintings by Sara Mateu at SRAL Studios, Wiebengahal
- A history of framing;
- Framing as a preventive conservation strategy;
- Guidelines for framing panel paintings;
- Planning for exhibition, storage, transport and handling;
- Framing systems: current trends and materials;
- Framing small & medium panel paintings;
- Framing larger panels with flexible battens;
- Microclimate frames: history and evolution;
- Making a microclimate frame: the process step-by-step;
- MarvelSeal envelopes: design and implementation;
- Making a MarvelSeal envelope: the process step-by-step.
The workshop will consist of a series of lectures and practical sessions lead by Sara Mateu Sara is a freelance Paintings conservator based in Brussels. She specialised in structural and preventive conservation of panel paintings and takes part on the Getty's Foundation Panel Paintings Initiative.
A more detailed description of the workshop is available on request.
Standard: EUR 775.00
Deadline for registration: 15 January 2018
Workshop fees will include lunches.
Registration forms are available at email@example.com
Numbers are limited to 15 participants and are allocated on a first come basis.
Discount bookings for accommodation at Townhouse Design Hotel only through SRAL.
Organisers: Kate Seymour and Siska Losse