The Book and Paper Group (BPG) of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (AIC) seeks abstracts for the 46th Annual Meeting, held in Houston, TX, USA, May 29 through June 2, 2017.
Abstracts for the BPG sessions may be related to the overall 2018 AIC meeting theme, "Material Matters 2018", the pre-session theme, "Whose Cultural Heritage? Whose Conservation Strategy?" or address any other aspect of the conservation of art on paper, archival materials, bound volumes, manuscripts, or similar materials. The BPG sessions will include formal presentations, a Tips session, the Library Collections Conservation Discussion Group, the Archives Conservation Discussion Group, the BPG business meeting, and an evening reception.
The 2018 theme may be expanded to address:
- Re-evaluation of materials used in historical conservation treatments
- Approaches to removal/ retention of old repairs
- Application of materials or techniques from non paper-based areas of conservation
- Technical studies of artist's materials and how they may affect treatment or thinking on an artist
- How new technology has changed our understanding of materials
- Treatment of non-traditional materials found in paper-based collections
- Mixed media and its implication on treatment, housing or exhibit.
Abstracts for formal presentations in the BPG session may be submitted by anyone with an interest or role in conservation, including current BPG members, other Specialty Group members, and related professionals. Presentations will be 23-25 minutes in length with a 5-7 minute question-and-answer period. Please note that speakers are not compensated and must register for the meeting. Single day registration is available.
How to submit an abstract:
Please visit the AIC website for instructions on how to submit an Abstract. http://www.conservation-us.org/annual-meeting/call-for-submissions#.WYS4...
Authors wishing to be considered for the BPG Program must include "Book and Paper" among their three choices for Session Preferences.
The submission deadline is Friday, September 15, 2017.