We are delighted to be announce that the full programme of paper presentations at the 2016 Los Angeles Congress - Saving the Now: Crossing Boundaries to Conserve Contemporary Works is now on the IIC web-site . Now you can check what is being presented on which day! Please go to the Congress Programme pages to see more!
To whet your appetite for the innovative and cutting-edge topics to be aired here are some sample papers and posters from the Technical Programme:
- Transitional media: Duration, recursion and the paradigm of conservation
- The role of conservation in new contemporary art installations in new contexts: The case of Richard Serra’s East-West/West-East in Qatar
- The dilemma of fading food: An investigation into the light sensitivity of selected Ed Ruscha screenprints
- Considerations in the acquisition of contemporary artwork: Refabrication as a preservation strategy
- 'Twin Wells': The reconstruction and re-installation of a multimedia installation with fog and sound elements by Dennis Oppenheim
These and many more await you - see you in Los Angeles!