The conservation laboratory of the National Museum, New Delhi

User menu

Publication Type:

Journal Article

Authors:

Agrawal, O.P.;

Source:

Studies in conservation, Volume 8, Number 3, p.99-105 (1963)

Keywords:

Asia, conservation, corrosion, documents, India, India (New Delhi), international, laboratories, lamination, metal, National Museum of India, New Delhi, paintings, prevention, South, textiles, transfer, wall paintings

Abstract:

A conservation laboratory was formed in 1957 under Mr. T.R. Gairola, and now has 9 chemists on the staff. The laboratory has 3 rooms, a general chemical laboratory, a darkroom, and a conservation studio. Work in progress includes the lamination of documents, chemical and electrochemical treatment of metal objects, restoration of oil paintings, treatment of textiles, and the transfer of murals. O.P. Agrawal