The Picture Restorer is the journal of the British Association of Paintings Conservator-Restorers (BAPCR). It is the only periodical dedicated to paintings conservation produced in the United Kingdom and has been in existence for almost 25 years. Its international readership is made up of BAPCR members and subscribers, who are mostly practising paintings conservators from both the public and private sectors.
Materials and Methods for the Consolidation of Cultural Heritage: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue
International Symposium at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HAWK) in Hildesheim, Germany, 25–27 January 2018
National Museum of Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
Blue Shield Denmark is hosting its first Heritage Fridays event, held at the National Museum of Denmark, Copenhagen, on the 11th of November 2016. The aim of the event is to present and discuss research, developments and experience concerning the subject of Fields of Catastrophe: Saving Cultural Heritage, within various areas of expertise.
School of Arts and Humanities of the University of Lisbon (Portugal)
Archives Nationales, Pierrefittes
Following the 2015 conference at Tate Britain, 'Appearance and Reality: Examining Colour Change in Paintings', Icon have published the papers presented in a volume entitled 'Colour Change in Paintings'.
• Maintain and develop the technical excellence of the services (condition reporting and technical examination on artworks)
• Overall responsibility to ensure that the inspection activities are carried out in accordance with Technical procedures and internal protocols
• Deliver on-site technical examination report on artworks
• Train and audit inspectors performing condition reports
• Plan and coordinate operations of condition reporting
• Quality check of the reports
• Condition reporting on artworks
• Assist the Technical Manager in performing technical analyses on artworks
• Administrative assistance
• Develop SGS Art Services in USA
• Client Acquisition
• Adapt global strategy to local specificities and develop a targeted long-term new business strategy
• Generate leads and efficiently keeping in regular contact with existing prospects
• Identify new market areas for expansion and development
• May be assigned an annual sales target in addition to sales management responsibilities
Haute Ecole Arc
Tutors: Guillaume Rapp and Tobias Schenkel, conservators specializing in technical and scientific objects and teachers in HE-Arc Conservation Bachelor and Master of Conservation-Restoration.
Brackets and stands are an important part of museum display and storage. This introductory course will address the design, methods and techniques of manufacture of 3-D object supports and the selection of appropriate materials for their realization.
FABRICATION DE SUPPORTS POUR OBJETS EN 3 DIMENSIONS