10 week funded conservation internship in Phillips, ME, summer 2022.
• Conservation internship focused on a collections survey for Firebird Foundation cultural materials: textiles, baskets, metalwork, implements collected in Malaysia, 1959-2002
• Currently enrolled graduate students in conservation, textiles specialty preferred, are invited to apply
• $ 8,000 stipend, housing and airfare are also provided, car available for local use
• Supervision is live for one week, digital for remainder, by Conservator Nicole Passerotti
• Work collaboratively with UCLA archivist faculty and emerging archival professional who are serving to promote preservation of the Firebird Archival Collections
• Should be comfortable working in a rural environment