West Dean College of Arts & Conservation, West Dean, near Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom
£35,875 per annum (£14,350 per annum pro rata)
14 hours per week, 0.4 FTE
Note: Applications for a lower FTE to build into a job share are considered. Please state hours in application
West Dean College of Arts and Conservation is an internationally recognised College, part of the Edward James Foundation, a charitable educational trust located on the 6,400 acre West Dean Estate in beautiful West Sussex countryside near Chichester. As well as being a respected educational institution specialising in practice-based arts and conservation, the historic house and collections, the stunning grounds and gardens are open to the public, and the year-round events and exhibitions make West Dean truly unique.
We are recruiting for a part-time Subject Tutor in Books and Library Materials to join our Conservation Department team at West Dean College of Arts & Conservation. We are looking for a Subject Tutor who, under the supervision of the Subject Leader for Books and Library Materials, will take on responsibility for the day-to-day organisation and delivery of the subject specialist curricula for the Graduate Diploma and MA Conservation Studies programmes and the care of the shared books studios and equipment.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
• Plan and manage the subject specialist Graduate Diploma and MA Conservation Studies units in the Books pathway and participate in their delivery under the direction of the subject leader for Books and Library Materials.
• Ensure that programmes are delivered in accordance with the regulations and requirements of the College and validating body.
• Participate in the development of the structure and content of the Conservation Studies programmes for validation and review.
• Assist in the recruitment of students through involvement in marketing activities including Open Days and taking part in the interviewing process when required.
To be successful in this role you will need to have demonstrable previous experience in the professional practice of books and library materials conservation, and experience of demonstrating specialist techniques.
Candidates must possess a good understanding of contemporary theory and practice relevant to the discipline and must be able to demonstrate a professional approach to practice and high standards of professional conduct.
This role requires outstanding communication skills, with the ability to collaborate, inspire and build relationships both with colleagues and students.
In recognition for all your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 38 days holiday per year pro rata
• Pension, matched up to 7.5%
• Life Assurance
• 10 days (FTE) Company Sick Pay 4 days pro-rata
• Employee Assistance Programme
• 25% off retail and restaurant
• 50% off short courses
• Salary sacrifice schemes: cycle to work
• Free on-site parking
For the full job description, person specification and terms and conditions of employment, or for further information, please email Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.westdean.org.uk/about/work-for-us
Closing date for applications is 21 November 2021
Diversity & Inclusivity Statement:
West Dean College of Arts & Conservation values the diversity of its staff and students. We aspire to be a fully inclusive and representative employer and do not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, faith or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We strongly encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our teams at West Dean College of Arts & Conservation.
At The Edward James Foundation we take privacy very seriously and are have reviewed all our records and processes to ensure that we are fully meeting the data protection standards introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25 May 2018. Full details regarding how we collect, process and store personal information about you is available on our website: www.westdean.org.uk/about/work-for-u