Collection Projects and Resources
Fixed-term for 12 months
£28,138 per annum
Application deadline: 12pm (midday) on 25 November 2022
About the role:
The post-holder will work closely with colleagues across the British Museum to prepare objects and coordinate their packing, movement and storage as part of a major storage move project, with a particular focus on archaeological dry iron.
This role requires the post holder to have a recognised professional conservation qualification and demonstrate knowledge in the area of archaeological dry iron conservation.
Key areas of responsibility:
• To lead on the preparation of objects for packing, movement and storage
• To conserve archaeological metal objects
• To contribute to the development of new preventive or interventive measures
• To work as a member of a project team, including specialist staff in other departments.
• To observe best practice in all aspects of object handling and collections storage
• To monitor security of objects and to maintain them in good condition in storage and in transit
For further information and to apply please visit our website https://bmrecruit.ciphr-irecruit.com/templates/CIPHR/job_list.aspx