Harvard Library is now accepting applications for a Preservation Review Librarian position to work closely with colleagues throughout Harvard Library to assess and address the preservation needs of the Library's general and actively circulating collections. The Preservation Review Librarian reports to the Senior Collections Conservator in Collections Care but works closely with other Preservation Services staff, as projects require.
Preservation Review Librarian
Collections Care, Preservation Services
Salary Grade: 57
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
• Identifies preservation needs for general collections materials and develops a preservation review or commercial library binding plan.
• Works closely with Library stakeholders to create and manage a preservation review plan for individual libraries in the system. This includes identifying damaged and deteriorated materials; assessing and sorting these items into workflows for appropriate conservation attention and treatment; training library staff on the identification and care of vulnerable collections.
• Manages the commercial library binding work for multiple libraries across the Harvard Library system, establishing productivity and quality standards for commercial binding for Harvard Library collections, and collaborating with Library stakeholders to document policies, procedures, and guidelines for binding.
• Collaborates with Collections Care conservators to develop workflows and project plans based on available resources and capacity.
• Supervises two full-time staff and student employees who assist with preservation review and commercial library binding work.
• Participates in preservation initiatives, including project management, long-range program planning, disaster recovery, and training for Harvard Library staff.
• Serves on the Library Collections Emergency Team (LCET), Preservation Liaison Team, and as Alma Liaison for Preservation Services Department.
For a full position description, qualifications, and grade level, or to apply for the position please click through the link below
or go to Harvard's employment website at https://hr.harvard.edu/jobs and search for "Preservation Review Librarian".
Although the position will remain posted until filled, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by the end of the day on January 21, 2022.