Qatar Museums Authority
Doha - Qatar
- Contract Type
- 0 QAR
- Closing date
The Conservator will be expected to carry out conservation treatment on the Museum’s Paper collections, care for relevant collections, and ensure their physical safety- stability and keep details records of the work carried out. Communicate the Paper Conservator activities with his/ her colleagues and interest groups.
- Visiting Academics and Scholars.
- To follow policies and procedures.
- Carry out conservation treatments on the Museum’s Paper collections, care for relevant collections, ensure their physical safety-stability and keep detailed records of the work carried out.
- Communicate the Paper conservation activities with his/ her colleagues and interest groups.
- Assist with day to day running of the laboratory (including procuring materials and equipment).
- Be familiar with condition surveys with the ability to undertake same.
- Have a good knowledge of monitoring and controlling the environment in which collections are stored or displayed to prevent deterioration.
- Liaising with museum curators, registrars and other colleagues.
- Assist with setting up exhibitions.
- Apply preventive conservation principles and care of collections with interest into Paper & Book.
- Packing objects for transport and accompanying objects in transit to other locations if required.
- Take supervisory roles occasionally (i.e. interns, volunteers and newer staff members).
- Publish his/her work, under the MIA policies and procedures.
- Any other activity as described by the Head for Conservation.
Necessary knowledge to be able to do the job
- Be familiar with Paper technology and deterioration of Paper & Book.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong research ability (scientific, academic, etc.) issues that relate to Paper conservation.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Professional and friendly manner.
- Interested in professional development.
- Communication in Arabic and /or other languages.
- Knowledge in Islamic Art.
- Have a good network of specialised contacts.
Education, Experience, and certification requirements
- Must have a recognized degree or higher in conservation.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
More information here: https://careers.qm.org.qa/paper-and-book-conservator