We support flexible working
We are seeking a Paper Archivist to be part of our Heritage 2022 programme, working exclusively at the BFI National Archive.
Heritage 2022 (H22) is a preservation-led programme to safeguard high-risk significant collections held by the BFI National Archive and the Regional and National Film Archives (RNAs) across the UK. It ensures such collections are safe for future generations to enjoy and gain knowledge from, and enables public access now through digital preservation.
• Work collaboratively with the H22 Paper Conservator to survey, catalogue and digitise a series of large format, press campaign books that are designated as ‘at risk’
• Support the preservation and rehousing of ‘at risk’ works where needed, and to take responsibility for key archival strands of the Heritage 2022 project.
• Advise on and contribute to the development of archiving policies and procedures for the project
Experience & Skills
• Knowledge of current international standards of archival description
• Familiarity with preparing works on paper for digitisation workflows or an interest in the principles of digitisation.
• Knowledge and experience of using automated archive systems or collections management databases.
We support diversity and inclusion, and as an organisation recognise that we need to address under representation within our teams. As such we strongly welcome and encourage applicants from our under-represented groups; who identify as D/deaf and disabled and/or are ethnically diverse.
We guarantee a first interview to our under-represented groups who meet our minimum requirements. How we are doing, including our pay gaps and our commitment to Black Lives Matter can be found on our website at www.bfi.org.uk
This role is based at our BFI site in Berkhamsted.
You will enjoy benefits such as our pension scheme, excellent support for working parents, 28-33 days annual leave, tickets to BFI festivals and events plus many others.
Further details about the post can be obtained by visiting www.bfi.org.uk/about-bfi/job-opportunities.
The closing date for applications is by midnight on Thursday 20th January 2022.
First interviews will be held on Tuesday 1st February 2022