NYC Parks is the steward of over 30,000 acres, including more than 5,000 properties ranging from Coney Island beach and Central Park to community gardens and Green Streets. These diverse public spaces include 800 athletic fields, nearly 1,000 playgrounds, 1,800 basketball courts, 67 public pools, 51 recreational facilities, 15 nature centers, 15 golf courses and 14 miles of beaches
NYC Parks’ Art & Antiquities Division conserves and maintains more than 800 monuments and artworks throughout the five boroughs of New York City, curates and administers public art installations, and manages the Agency’s historic resources.
• Under the direction and supervision of the Monuments Conservation Manager as well as independently, perform daily maintenance and/or assessments of monuments and public artworks located on NYC parkland.
• Conduct bronze cleaning, waxing and refinishing, masonry cleaning, repointing and graffiti removal.
• Maintain logs and written reports, including digital photo documentation, submitted on weekly basis.
• Operate and maintain tools, equipment and vehicles necessary to conduct duties of the job, and ensure they operate in proper working condition. Tools include, pressure washer, scaffold, lift and forklift operation.
• Transport and arrange art objects, artifacts, materials and equipment.
• Assist conservator with specialized restoration and conservation projects.
• Maintain accurate records, track assignments and procure necessary supplies.
Work Location: Randall’s Island, Manhattan and Brooklyn War Memorial, Brooklyn
1. A Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State of New York is required.
2. There are certain medical and physical requirements.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required within 90 days for all other candidates.
1. General knowledge of sculpture and conservation methods.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
3. Excellent writing, verbal communication and organizational skills.
Work Location: *Location: Randall’s Island, Manhattan and Brooklyn War Memorial, Brooklyn
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.