The National Library of Ireland is delighted to offer a 12 month conservation internship for 2020/2021. This internship is generously supported by the Heritage Council of Ireland.
The intern will work alongside experienced conservators in the NLI's busy conservation studio. The internship will combine studio practice and research and will develop and broaden the intern's knowledge and experience. He/she will work on a variety of collections from the manuscript, printed and visual collections of the National Library of Ireland, as well as assisting in the preparation and installation of exhibitions and loans. The intern will be encouraged to publish and present their work to different and diverse audiences.
• Recent graduates of a recognised book &/or paper conservation training programme (2018-2020).
• Theoretical understanding and practical experience of conservation treatments (paper and/or book or parchment)
• Experience in surveying/ dealing with large collections
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written, verbal & IT communication skills
Stipend: €28,000 (subject to normal statutory deductions)
Applicants should ensure that they are eligible to live and work in Ireland.
Applications from non conservation graduates will not be considered.
Applications must be made using the conservation internship application form. Applicants should submit a copy of their completed application form by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the responsibility of applicants to contact the HR Unit if an acknowledgement has not been received within 5 days of the closing date.
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 3pm on Monday, 20 July 2020
The National Library of Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cuirfear fáilte riomh chomhfhreagras i nGaeilge