HKB Bern University of the Arts, Division of Conservation and Restoration of Works of Art is seeking:
HEAD OF CONSERVATION DIVISION, 60%
to commence from August 2023.
What you may expect to be doing at HKB:
- As a member of the University Executive Board, you will share overall responsibility for the HKB
- Further develop the Conservation and Restoration Division consisting of approx. 150 students and 50 employees within the framework of HKB's strategy, in collaboration with a dedicated team
- Represent the division within the Swiss Conservation-Restoration Campus and strategically position and represent it at the national and international levels
- In close cooperation with the team leaders, ensure the future-oriented development of our four specializations in terms of content and organization
- Actively promote the integration of research in teaching to guarantee the transfer of knowledge between both fields
What is expected of you:
- University degree in conservation/restoration or another discipline relevant to the field, preferably with a PhD
- Leadership and management experience in expert organizations as well as professional and scientific expertise
- Familiarity with university level education.
- Openness towards current social and aesthetic discourses in the context of the conservation of cultural assets
- Structured and analytical thinking
- Integrative and transdisciplinary approach as well as excellent conceptual, organizational and communication skills
- High level of competence in German, French, and English.
HKB offers competitive work conditions. The approximate salary indication above applies to a lower range of full time equivalent. For salary scales, which are contingent on the candidate's experience, see the website of the Canton Bern : https://www.pa.fin.be.ch/de/start/themen/anstellungsbedingungen/gehaltss...
For more information, please follow this link: https://jobs.bfh.ch/offene-stellen/head-of-conservation-and-restoration-...
Apply here: https://ohws.prospective.ch/public/v1/redirect/e4a8404c-9b26-4191-9b72-9...