The Foundation for Advancement in Conservation (FAIC) seeks a part-time contract Project Coordinator for Held in Trust: A National Convening on Conservation and Preservation (pending final funding approval). The project will support and enhance the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) "A More Perfect Union" initiative in honor of America's 250th anniversary. Working in partnership with pubic and professional stakeholders and communities across America, Held in Trust will:
1. Evaluate current national infrastructure and opportunities and challenges facing cultural heritage conservation
2. Establish a forward-looking vision for the preservation of our nation's cultural heritage
3. Identify future directions and resource priorities to ensure that our nation's cultural treasures are available for future education and enrichment
These goals will be achieved through three primary activities:
1. Interdisciplinary research and expert working group discussions designed to shape the dialog and engage many diverse perspectives
2. A National Convening and related activities to examine and strengthen the field of conservation in the United States for current and future practitioners
3. Publication of a report documenting needs, opportunities, and next steps required to better ensure the preservation of our nation's cultural heritage, to be disseminated to key decision-makers and stakeholders
The Project Coordinator will provide intellectual and managerial leadership for the cooperative project. See position description for full details:
This is a contract, fee-based position, with no benefits, with an expected term of two-and-a-half years. The Project Coordinator will work from home or own office. Telephone, email, and internet connections required. The Project Coordinator will work closely with FAIC and NEH staff and will report to the FAIC Institutional Advancement Director. A volunteer advisory group will help provide content support.
Review of applications will begin July 10, 2020, with a start date of August 1 desired. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. To apply, please send resume or c.v. and a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.