London Metropolitan Archives (LMA) is the largest civic archive in the UK with 100KM of archives dating from 1067 to the present day on the history of London and Londoners. We are seeking a new Studio Manager to lead on collections care and manage our conservation team.
This is an exciting opportunity, the Studio Manager plays a pivotal role within LMA and will contribute to the LMA's overall development under its new Director, Emma Markiewicz.
• The care and preservation of LMA's extensive and rich collections in various formats and materials including parchment, paper, printed books and art on paper.
• Facilitating safe access to collections, encouraging and fostering new audiences.
• Managing and developing the conservation team.
• Contributing to LMA's very active external funding programmes and projects, working with external partners and funders such as the Coram Foundation and the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
• Managing external loans to national institutions in the UK and across the world.
You will have significant post-qualification experience at a senior level having managed large conservation projects and staff teams. You will be able to demonstrate strong presentational and team working skills. Applicants will have a recognised qualification and experience in the fields of paper, archive or book conservation or equivalent with PACR accreditation from the Institute of Conservation or a commitment to gain accreditation.
The post holder will work to the Assistant Director (Collections)
Working Hours Full time (5 days a week, mostly on site with occasional weekends and evenings. Work from home by occasion).
Employment Type Permanent
Location London Metropolitan Archives, 40 Northampton Road EC1R 0HB
Salary Salary Range £42,780-£48,540 per annum inclusive of London Weighting
Closing Date 10 June 2022
Interviews will be held between 4 and 8 July 2022
To apply online visit https://careers.cityoflondon.gov.uk/apply/
Alternatively, to request an application pack please contact the Corporate Recruitment Unit on 020 7332 3978
Job reference: OOTC1005
The City of London is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes application from all sections of the community.