The Port Arthur Historic Site Management Authority is seeking a Building & Works Crew Supervisor.
- Producing and providing high quality trade work associated with the maintenance, new works, and conservation of the Port Arthur Historic Sites in accordance with statutory obligations, planning instruments, heritage guidelines and the Port Arthur Historic Sites Statutory Management Plan.
- Providing support to the Works Manager in the day-to-day supervision and rostering of personnel and operation of plant, equipment, and materials.
- Assisting the Works Manager with the development and implementation of the annual works program.
- Providing supervisory advice, support and training to less experienced staff and apprentices, and assisting other staff within the Conservation & Infrastructure team as necessary.
- Inducting staff and providing ongoing monitoring in the proper and safe use of plant and equipment.
- Continuing to develop and implement a safe and healthy work environment.
- Providing information to visitors in a clear and courteous manner (when required) about activities, features, and facilities at the Port Arthur Historic Sites.
- Undertaking other tasks and duties as directed by the Works Manager.
Further information is available from the Tasmanian Government Jobs website: