The successful candidate will contribute as part of the Conservation Laboratory team towards the implementation of conservation and preservation of the national holdings and other archives as deemed necessary.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Pertinent first degree (MQF Lv6)1 in the respective area of research and operation or an appropriate recognized comparable qualification plus three (3) years relevant work experience
Warrant to practice as Conservator in terms of article 29 and 30 of the Cultural Heritage Act.
Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials, copies of which are to be scanned and sent with the application letter.
Original certificates and/or testimonials are to be invariably produced for verification at the interview.
• To carry out preservation duties at all premises of the National Archives
• To carry out conservation works on the holdings of the National Archives
• To advice the National Archivist on all conservation and preservation tasks
• To support in the conservation aspects in the setting up of exhibitions and outreach events
• To prepare manuals and train workers in basic preservation techniques
• To design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of procedures and reports aimed at enhancing the preservation of the holdings
• To gather and organize information on problems of conservation or procedures
• To carry out such other relevant associated duties as may be necessary from time to time, or as
instructed by the National Archivist.
For more information contact email@example.com