The Conservation and Restoration Department of the NOVA School of Science and Technology (FCT NOVA) in collaboration with the Storage, Conservation and Restoration Department of Sport Lisboa e Benfica is organising a digital event following the commemorative week of the European Day of Conservation-Restoration entitled:
European Online Symposium: Good Practices in Conservation of Special Collections – Cultural Heritage in 90 minutes.
Through this event we intend to create a moment open to discussion, with the aim of sharing good practices and experiences among professionals that work in the preservation of less common materials and collections.
All conservators-restorers and other professionals that work with uncommon collections, whose projects and areas of study may bring us new approaches concerning the questions with the preservation of these kinds of collections are invited.
This free online Symposium on October 14th will take place through the ZOOM platform in sessions of 90 minutes each starting at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm (WEST).
▪ Sónia Casquiço, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Archive and Library
"Special Collections at the Art Library and Archives Gulbenkian: Preservation strategies".
▪ Joana Silva, NEON Art Conservation
"On the conservation of photographic collections: what to preserve?"
▪ Frances Lennard, Centre for Textile Conservation and Technical Art History of the University of Glasgow"The conservation of textile collections"
▪ Susana França de Sá, Conservation and Restoration Department of the NOVA School of Science and Technology (FCT NOVA)
"Plastics in my collection!? Now what?"
▪ Marisa Pamplona, Conservation Science Department and Research Laboratory at the Deutsches Museum in Munich
"Conservation Science at the Deutsches Museum: analytical research on plastics and preventive conservation measures for future exhibitions and storage."
▪ Simon Moore, Adviser and Conservator of Natural Sciences Specimen
"Taxidermy conservation - when does it become restoration? The many uses of Japanese tissues."
3:30 pm | Closing
Symposium registration link: zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zX0pKha2RPq_-nETUbEY9A
For more information, please contact: email@example.com