UNIVERSITAT POLITÈCNICA DE VALÈNCIA (Valencia, Spain)
The conference CollectionCare: New Challenges in Preventive Conservation, Predictive Analysis and Environmental Monitoring will be held at Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain*, in December 2021 in the framework of the EU's Horizon2020 CollectionCare project. The conference aims to be a forum to exchange highly specialized research and the latest technological advances in the study of the behavior and aging of cultural heritage materials, environmental monitoring, and the design of preventive conservation strategies in collections.
(*If travel restrictions due to pandemic persist, the conference will be held on-line)
AREA 1. Collections' needs and challenges
• Collection's needs and challenges during display, storage and transport
• Current trends in object and environmental monitoring
• Risk assessment
• Preventive conservation and risk management
• Organizational impact and sustainability in preventive conservation
AREA 2. Predictive analysis of cultural objects and preventive conservation
• Long-term prognosis of the degradation process of cultural objects
• Multi-scale degradation computational modelling
• Multi-scale multi-material predictive analysis in the cloud
• Preventive conservation standards and recommendations
• Climate change scenarios and preventive conservation
AREA 3. Connectivity, sensing, and cloud computing technologies
• Internet of things (IoT) and big data analytics applied to preventive conservation
• Wireless technologies for cultural heritage site monitoring
• Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technologies applied to cultural heritage
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Collection Care conference is currently inviting abstract submissions.
– Abstracts should describe original, unpublished work.
– Authors can submit a maximum of ONE abstract as a presenting author and TWO on co-authorship.
– Abstracts must be submitted in Word Format, Arial, 10 pts, single-spaced, left-justified. The text should not contain tabs.
– Abstracts must be written in ENGLISH and contain the following information:
• AUTHOR(S) FULL NAME
• CONTACT AUTHOR
• TELEPHONE NUMBER
• E-MAIL ADDRESS
• TITLE OF THE PAPER
• ABSTRACT (max. 500 words)
– The abstracts and papers submitted will be peer-reviewed by the Scientific Committee based on originality and technical quality.
– At least one author is required to register and pay the corresponding fee.
– The proceedings will be published in a peer-reviewed open-access book by a relevant scientific publisher
– Abstracts must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call for abstracts 1st March 2021
• Deadline for submission 1st June 2021
• Communication Acceptance 1st July 2021
• Submission Manuscript 15th December 2021