Cancelled - however, a very similar event is now being organised for March 20 - 22, 2021. Details will be available from the organisers in the next few weeks. Drop a line to email@example.com for updates.
Early registration is opening for the "Architectural Plastics & Polymer Composites in the 21st Century: Design & Preservation of Contemporary and Traditional Architecture" conference which will be held on Saturday, March 28-Sunday, March 29, 2020 at MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with an optional tour program on Monday, March 30th.
This topics that will be discussed in this intensive conference include:
- Historic Perspectives - Plastics Then and Now
- Monsanto's Plastic House
- Proper Selection of Suitable Material for a Specific Applications
- Properties of Currently Used Plastics and Polymer Composites for Architectural Applications
- Potential of Carbon-Polymer Composites
- Energy Aspects
- Fire Resistance Behavior
- Durability, Life Cycle, & Sustainability
- Restoration/ Replication of Historic Structures and Exterior Features
- Meeting Historic Commission Regulations
- Performance and Evaluation
- Conservation of Plastic Works of Art
- Windows, Skylights, and Translucent Plastics
- Plastics and Polymer Composites Used in Conjunction with Other Materials
- New Methods of Fabrication
- Various Case Histories of Historic and Modern Structures, including Stadiums, Religious Structures, Cultural and Recreational Facilities, Educational Buildings, Bridges, Transportation Centers, Government Buildings, and Residential Complexes.
Over 25 well-known architects, engineers, conservators, scientists, and other professionals from North America, the UK and Europe, as well as from Australia and Asia will be giving presentations.
Continuing education units will be available for attendees.
Questions or for the full conference schedule and the registration form (which includes data on the reduced early registration rate), contact Susan E. Schur, Hon. AIA, FAPT, Technology & Conservation, at: firstname.lastname@example.org