Digital Engagement Volunteers
Interested in attending the IIC 29th biennial Congress (in-person and online) and boosting your CV whilst supporting a global community of conservators and cultural heritage professionals?
After our hugely successful 2020 online Congress, Wellington will be hosting a hybrid in-person/on-line IIC Congress this September. Just as before, we will need some extra hands to support our digital and in-person engagement activities. We have a limited number of places available for those wishing to contribute some volunteer hours during the Congress this year, with preference for those able to attend in-person (but not a requirement).
• Must be available during all dates of the entire Congress: 5 – 9 September 2022
• Attend the mandatory Volunteer Orientation Sessions (dates tbd) and assist in pre-event preparation activities
• Have a valid private email address (no shared email addresses, please)
• Be a named moderator for at least two Congress sessions including the 30-minute live Q&A segment at the end of each session.
• Source and post relevant topics and comments to the discussion thread associated with your assigned sessions and the accompanying live Q&A, to encourage participation and questions from Congress delegates.
• Create post-session blogs (max. 500 words each) for the IIC Congress Website, highlighting and selecting best photos from the presentations to be used across IIC’s social media channels.
• Create social media posts regarding your moderated sessions, to be shared via IIC’s social media channels during and after Congress week.
In exchange for your help, we are happy to offer FREE REGISTRATION (in-person and online) as well as FREE MEMBERSHIP to IIC for one year along with opportunities to support your career and professional development.
How to Apply
If you are interested in volunteering, please email your CV with a cover letter detailing your interest and experience in support of the role by 15th July 2022 to DEV Coordinator Sharra Grow (IIC Editor, News in Conservation) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: 15th July 2022