Digital Engagement Volunteers Needed
IIC Edinburgh Congress 2020 - Online
Interested in attending the IIC 28th biennial Congress online and boosting your CV whilst supporting a global community of conservators and cultural heritage professionals?
We need some extra hands to support our digital engagement activities. We have a limited number of places available to those wishing to contribute some volunteer hours during the Congress this year.
In exchange for your help, we are happy to offer a Congress Volunteer Pass as well as free membership to IIC for one year along with opportunities to support your career and professional development.
Volunteers will receive a ‘Volunteer and Moderator Pass’, which is similar to full registration giving you access to the special preview, Congress sessions, networking events and virtual tours as well as covering one year of membership to IIC (or if you are already a member, we will extend your membership to 2021-22).
• Congress Registration
• Access to all Congress sessions (once volunteer assignments are complete and as far as volunteer duties allow)
• One year of membership to IIC supported by the IIC Brommelle Memorial Fund
• A special thank you gift after the event kindly provided by our title sponsor Conservation by Design (CXD International) #lovecxd
Congress Volunteers are required to:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Work a minimum of 10 hours
• Attend the mandatory Volunteer Orientation Session in October (date tbc) and assist in pre-event preparation activities
• Be available during all dates of the entire Congress online, 2 – 6 November 2020
• Have a valid private email address (no shared email addresses, please)
• Be responsible for working with IIC’s DEV Coordinator / News in Conservation Editor, Sharra Grow, to solidify your volunteer assignments and schedule
• Agree to the Recording and Copyright Release (PDF below)
VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT: DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT ROLE
In this role you will:
• Be a named moderator for one to two Congress sessions including the 15-minute live Q&A segment at the end of each session.
• Source and post relevant topics and comments to the discussion thread associated with each session presentations and the accompanying live Q&A, to encourage participation online and questions from Congress delegates.
• Create a post-session blog (max. 500 words) for the IIC Congress Website, highlighting and selecting best photos from the presentations to be used across IIC’s social media channels.
• Create social media posts regarding your moderated session(s), to be shared via IIC’s social media channels during and after the session(s)
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in volunteering, please email your CV with a cover letter detailing your interest and experience in support of the role by 20th September 2020 to DEV Coordinator Sharra Grow (IIC Editor, News in Conservation) at: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: 20th September 2020