Heritage Trades Specialist/Conservation Projects Manager
Full-time position available for commencement in September/October 2019. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
International Conservation Services (ICS) is Australia’s largest private conservation practice. We conserve a wide range of cultural and heritage objects and artefacts including paintings, furniture, textiles, paper, sculpture, archaeological artefacts and wall finishes in buildings.
Our growing Objects and Outdoor Heritage Team is keen to hear from Heritage Trades Specialists who have both hands-on and project-management skills. Our positions will suit people with a background in heritage conservation, who like to work on a wide variety of materials and projects, and who enjoy working outdoors with occasional travel.
We have roles in both Sydney and Melbourne, and it may be possible to work from either base on projects in both cities. Salary is commensurate with experience in the range of AUD$76,032 - $94,416 plus 9.5% superannuation.
You will be involved in devising and implementing conservation methodologies, preparing quotations and tender submissions, negotiating conditions of contract, managing projects and teams, preparing condition assessments and reports, and working closely with clients and subcontractors.
Conservation work undertaken by the Objects and Outdoor Heritage Team includes a wide range of work for public institutions and private clients covering heritage sites, sculptures, monuments and memorials, artworks, metal objects, organic and plastic objects, ceramics, stone and glass objects, and archaeological and industrial artefacts. The team also regularly consults on and writes condition assessments, maintenance plans and treatment proposals.
Site-based conservation and heritage projects form a significant component of the work, with a requirement for both hands-on technical and project management skills. Site-based projects include conservation of heritage objects and materials in or on buildings, engineering structures, ruins, monuments, and outdoor artworks.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Senior Heritage Trades Specialist: minimum 8 years experience in heritage or conservation project management, or a closely related field
• Heritage Trades Specialist: minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
• Hands-on skills in one or more heritage or conservation disciplines (a strong background in building conservation or objects conservation will be highly regarded)
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to foster client relationships and engage in networking to promote future work opportunities
• Membership of an appropriate professional organisation, or eligibility to apply for membership.
• Relevant heritage / conservation qualification
• Drivers licence (or eligible)
• ICS may consider visa sponsorship of an appropriately qualified international applicant
What we offer:
In return for your hard work and professionalism, you will be entitled to a range of benefits including:
• Annual professional development allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Mobile phone
• Great working environment and people
Salary will be commensurate with experience in the range of AUD$76,032 - $94,416 plus 9.5% superannuation.
Please visit our website at www.icssydney.com for more information about our business.
Download a detailed position description: http://www.icssydney.com.au/index.php?id=632
Submit your application using the online application form.
Your application must include a detailed resume, two referee contacts from current or previous employers, and a covering letter outlining why you believe you are suited for this job. Please refer to the selection criteria on the final page of the position description.
For further information contact Ruth Thompson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.